Mineral Wells State Park 12/6/2009

At the beginning of this entire "get out more" obsession of mine I quickly relearned that I live in the middle of no where, at least as for as public places to hike. So, I started exploring things within a day's drive of home.

Mineral Wells State Park is only two hours east of me, so it was an easy start. I had to be back in Abilene fairly early, so I had to press hard to get out to the park and get back. I managed to get eight miles, so it was okay. There were a ton of deer, quite a few turkey, opossums, and Coyotes. I actually saw most of the deer up by the drive up campground. I really wish people would stop feeding the animals at parks.


It was cool and overcast for the entire day, 35F at the trailhead. A friend of mine just got back from taking his family to Disney World and brought me this back. I told him I'd take it with me today, and here it is. Let's see how many miles Mickey and I can log this coming year.

mw1

I took this as a before (or I guess, "in progress") photo for my weight loss. At the time of this photo I had lost 34lbs. The total is right at 40 pounds now, though my weight loss really slowed down (but did not stop) during the holidays.

mw3


Creek I had to cross with the camera around my neck. Luckily, there was a low water crossing with a concrete curb that was still above water.


mw4

It does not look like much here, but it was about a 100 foot climb.
mw2

I hiked the entire red trail (plus a little off trail hiking to climb the hill at the end of the trail.) I then did the outer loop all the way to the north, then back to the trailhead. Eight miles.
mw6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Chance Canyon- Camp Night 9

Guadalupe Peak intro

Last Chance Canyon- Camp Night 8